Sunday 21 February 2010

Relaxing and fun weekend

With having no class on Friday, I make it my "being productive day." I now clean my bathroom every Friday and do laundry as well. I didn't do my laundry this Friday though because I didn't really need to. But I did make breakfast potatoes! I sprinkled them with paprika, salt, pepper, and also added some chopped onions. They tasted pretty good. Although, I definitely need to practice making them more often. I don't think I made them quite right. I had lunch with Teresa and Melissa where we discussed what we were going to do that evening. We were tired of staying in on a Friday night so we decided to go out. We started off the evening by going to Bar Uno, a pub that is located on campus, and got a deal of a glass of wine and some different cheeses for 3.50. They asked me if I wanted red or white wine and I decided to go with the white wine. I really liked the cheese, crackers, and grapes but the wine was just plain nasty! I should have stuck with water. I didn't finish my glass so I had Teresa do it. She seemed to think it tasted different but she could still drink it. But she has tasted a lot of wine before and she has acquired that taste for wine. As for me, I'm going to stay clear of it. After Bar Uno, we went to get some pizza so we could have food in our stomachs. We then went back to our rooms to get ready for the evening. Around 10, Ashley, Cassie, Melissa, Teresa, Kaylee, and I all headed down to a club called Octagon. It cost 8 pounds to get in but once in, all the drinks are free. I went to the club so I could dance. I haven't gone out dancing since Central's Halloween dance and I sure have missed it. I had such a good time! So many people were there! And apparently, the whole Central College group decided to show up at Octagon the same night. It was fun just to dance and hang with friends. They played really good music and I had a blast. At the end, I hung around with the group just to make sure some of the people who had been drinking got home all right. It was good to see people looking out for each other. I didn't get home until 3 in the morning and I wasn't sleepy. So I watched an episode of Smallville (season 8!) and then headed to bed. It was probably around 4 before I actually fell asleep.
I woke up around 10 in the morning on Saturday and was sore from all the dancing I did. I was also still sore from the canoeing I did in Outdoor Pursuits. It was also snowing when I woke up. I got ready for the day and basically didn't do much. My friends and I planned a day then to go to Llandudno Junction to go see a movie since Bangor does not have a movie theater. We rushed down to the train station, bought our train tickets, and then got onto the train. When we got on the train we found that the rest of the Central girls were going as well! So we had a group of 10 people going to see a movie. It turns out that we were going to see the same movie as well! When our train arrived, which only took 20 min, Teresa, Mel, Ashley, Kaylee, and I went to McDonalds to get some lunch. I got the ranch chicken wrap which tasted amazing as usual. I also got my ranch fix for the week. Then we all headed over to the movie theater to see Valentine's Day. Their theaters are very nice here. And it's weird to see some movies being advertised here that have already come out in the States; for instance the Princess and the Frog and Leap Year. After the movie, which was pretty good except for some really weird parts and a little bit of a disappointing ending, we all headed over to Pizza Hut to have some dinner. Ashley, Teresa, and I shared a large Hawaiian pizza. It was absolutely delicious. Then we all headed back to the train and headed back to Bangor. After getting home, Mel, Kaylee, and I went back and watched a few episodes of the Big Bang Theory. Now that is a very funny show.
Today I was going to go to a new church with Kaylee but another person that was going to go with us didn't respond back to our calls so we decided not to go. I did however went to the website of my church at home and listened to a podcast about Jehovah Unveiled. It was very interesting. The rest of my Sunday has been spent studying for my Brain and Mind class and Tecwyn's class. And people watching. My window is right in front of my desk and so I am constantly watching people as they go by. Its a little creepy but oh well. I'm familiarizing myself with the campus I guess.
I have officially figured out what I am going to do for spring break. Melissa, Teresa, and I are going on a cruise to Greece and Turkey!!!!! We got a really good deal and its going to be a nine day cruise. We get to go to Athens, Istanbul, Crete, and a few more places on some islands. It is going to be so much fun! And before the cruise, we are going to be flying down to Rome for four days to spend some time there. And I get to see Morgan! I'm super excited about that. Everything is booked and ready to go. We have our cruise passes, plane and train tickets, and our hostels booked for Rome. This is going to be one of the best spring breaks ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment